[asterisk-users] app_queue not using exit context?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Mar 5 22:39:54 MST 2007

Before I report this as a bug (and get whacked with more bad karma), I'd
like to make sure I'm understanding this "feature."

I'm defining a queue with a couple of SIP phones as the memebers -- not
agents.

queue.conf allows you to set an exit context such that if set (and you use
the "T" or "t" option) allows the caller or callee to transfer the call to
that context/extension.

This doesn't appear to be working for me.

If I set "T," app_queue looks for the extension in the caller's current
context -- where the queue() call is.

If I set "t," app_queue looks for the extension in the callee's context --
in my case, the context specified in sip.conf.

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Is it working for you?

Relevant snippet from my queue.conf:

[customer-service]
         context                         = customer-service
         member                          = sip/pap2-000F66A83C90-line-1

Relevant snippet from my sip.conf:

[pap2-000F66A83C90-line-1]
         context                         = inside
         type                            = friend

Relevant snippet from my extensions.conf:

[first-time-caller](h,s)
         exten = s,n,                    set(CALLERID(number)=${CARD-NUMBER:0:4}0000${CARD-NUMBER:-4})
         exten = s,n,                    queue(customer-service|nrt)

[customer-service](h,i,s)
         exten = s,n,                    hangup
         exten = 3,1,                    goto(redirect,s,1)
         exten = 7,1,                    goto(theme,s,1)
         exten = 8,1,                    goto(enter-card-number,s,1)

Thanks in advance,