[asterisk-users] hanging an asterisk box off of a PBX analog extension

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat Mar 3 17:32:37 MST 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Mike D'Ambrogia wrote:

> Wanting to connect my asterisk box off of 2 unused analog extensions on
> the non* PBX system.
>
> Can I bring those lines in to * on XP100 FXO cards?
> Any special wiring/open loop issues to watch for?

You might be better off with one TDM400P card with the right modules than
2 XP100's (or 1 Sangoma card) All to do with interrupt sharing concerns...

> The desired config is inbound PRI -> non* PBX, attendant picks up and if
> caller wants services on * box then xfers call to one of the analog
> extensions where * picks up and handles call from that point fwd till
> hang up.  on hang up analog PBX extension becomes available again.
>
> Currently digging thru content at voip-info.org - it's going to be a
> long day...

There should be no "show stoppers" with what you want to do - just treat
the lines from the non * PBX as POTS lines from a remote telephone
exchange and you'll be fine.

Gordon