[asterisk-users] creating new asterisk application

Giedrius Augys voipas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:10:11 MST 2007

Hi,
  I'm writing asterisk application in C language. I need to know what is
state of my asterisk user, so I have found command: ast_device_state(data);
. So if my IP phone is reachable I get status 1
(AST_DEVICE_NOT_INUSE<http://www.asteriskpbx.com/doxygen/1.2/devicestate_8h.html#42ea804da1426b4117686332400b27c2>).
But when I have unplugged my phone's cable , and sip show peer command shows
status UNREACHABLE , but my application again shows status 1 (not in use).
My question ,is it OK? Maybe is better to use another sollution to check
channels status?
Thanks