[asterisk-users] How to fail an AGI

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:15:31 MST 2007

>From: Lenz <lenz-ml at loway.it>
>Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:37:29 +0100
>
>You could set a dialplan variable in the AGI so that it's pretty easy to
>tell what happened in the AGI.
>About the code 0, the funny part is that you see "AGI Script completed,
>returning 0" even if the AGI does not exist, or is not executable. This
>should be a good candidate for improvement :-)
>l.

Thanks for the enlightenment.  Now I know where to look, and found the
following from 1.2 show application agi:

"Returns -1 on hangup (except for DeadAGI) or if application requested
hangup, or 0 on non-hangup exit."

Apparently this AGISTATUS is a 1.4 thing, and probably still very
simplistic.  Just wonder why all AGI commands carry sophisticated return
codes.

Yuan Liu