[asterisk-users] Help: CallerID Name not being sent on outboundPRI trunk

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:52:38 MST 2007

>From what i was told via the GT guys at bell

> The customer should send

I 1C Standard Facility                   Length =  21
9F   Serv Discrim             Networking Extensions
PDU Component Begins (hex)
8B0100A10F020101...

instead of:

I 28 Display Length = 9
E Display .JIMBOB

so we sending Ascii and they want HEXA..

can someone  forward this to Matt Frederickson and the -dev list ?

this is what fellow canadian telcos want to see..

PLEASE !

On 3/2/07, Webster, Andrew <awebster at connectalk.com> wrote:

> > On 2/28/07, Webster, Andrew <awebster at connectalk.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Outbound calls on my Telus PRI aren't taking the Name portion of the
> > > callerID. I've looked at the logs, and it is being set (see below),
> but
> > the
> > > PRI debug output doesn't show the name being sent anywhere. As a
> result,
> > > received calls always display from Unknown (or just the number).
> > >  Is there some config that I've missed somewhere?
> > >
> > >  I'm running NI-1 (Telus says NI-2 doesn't support the name feature,
> so
> > > they've changed my link type).
> > >  Version: Asterisk 1.2.14 svn rev 48468
> >
> > Interesting, just finished a long day with a client that switched from
> > 20+ POTS to a T1 using NI2 and CallerID Name (on inbound). So I guess
> > NI2 does support CallerID Name.
>
> NI1/NI2 both support callerID name inbound.  My issue is with CallerID
> outbound.  There doesn't seem to be a consensus on the subject.  Some
> people are saying outbound PRI name CallerID just doesn't exist on
> either NI1 or NI2, but the Telco thinks it can be done, but only on NI1
> !?!
>
> I've seen dumps where the IE facility code shows the name (inbound), but
> would like to see an outbound one, if such a beast exists.
>
> --
>
> Andrew
>

> > >  Asterisk Log:
> > >  Executing Set("SIP/304-091aafb8",
> > > "CALLERID(all)=Andrew<nnnnnnnnnn>") in new stack
> > >  (I've replaced the digits with n).
> > >
> > >  PRI debug shows:
> > >  > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8) len=42
> > >  > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 4/0x4) (Originator)
> > >  > Message type: SETUP (5)
> > >  > [04 03 80 90 a2]
> > >  > Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 Q.931 Std: 0 Info transfer
> > > capability: Speech (0)
> > >  > Ext: 1 Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
> > >  > Ext: 1 User information layer 1: u-Law (34)
> > >  > [18 03 a9 83 81]
> > >  > Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 IntID: Implicit, PRI Spare: 0,
> Exclusive
> > > Dchan: 0
> > >  > ChanSel: Reserved
> > >  > Ext: 1 Coding: 0 Number Specified Channel Type: 3
> > >  > Ext: 1 Channel: 1 ]
> > >  > [6c 0c 21 80 nn nn nn nn nn nn nn nn nn nn]
> > >  > Calling Number (len=14) [ Ext: 0 TON: National Number (2) NPI:
> > > ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
> > >  > Presentation: Presentation permitted, user number not screened
> (0)
> > > 'nnnnnnnnnn' ]
> > >
> > >  >From zapata.conf:
> > >  callerid=asreceived
> > >
> > >  ;Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:12 bus:0 span: 1]
> > >  switchtype=ni1
> > >  context=from-zaptel
> > >  overlapdial=yes
> > >  facilityenable=yes

> [...]