[asterisk-users] Help: CallerID Name not being sent on outboundPRI trunk

Webster, Andrew awebster at connectalk.com
Fri Mar 2 06:28:17 MST 2007

> On 2/28/07, Webster, Andrew <awebster at connectalk.com> wrote:
> >
> > Outbound calls on my Telus PRI aren't taking the Name portion of the
> > callerID. I've looked at the logs, and it is being set (see below),
but
> the
> > PRI debug output doesn't show the name being sent anywhere. As a
result,
> > received calls always display from Unknown (or just the number).
> >  Is there some config that I've missed somewhere?
> >
> >  I'm running NI-1 (Telus says NI-2 doesn't support the name feature,
so
> > they've changed my link type).
> >  Version: Asterisk 1.2.14 svn rev 48468
>
> Interesting, just finished a long day with a client that switched from
> 20+ POTS to a T1 using NI2 and CallerID Name (on inbound). So I guess
> NI2 does support CallerID Name.

NI1/NI2 both support callerID name inbound.  My issue is with CallerID
outbound.  There doesn't seem to be a consensus on the subject.  Some
people are saying outbound PRI name CallerID just doesn't exist on
either NI1 or NI2, but the Telco thinks it can be done, but only on NI1
!?!

I've seen dumps where the IE facility code shows the name (inbound), but
would like to see an outbound one, if such a beast exists.

--

Andrew

> >  Asterisk Log:
> >  Executing Set("SIP/304-091aafb8",
> > "CALLERID(all)=Andrew<nnnnnnnnnn>") in new stack
> >  (I've replaced the digits with n).
> >
> >  PRI debug shows:
> >  > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8) len=42
> >  > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 4/0x4) (Originator)
> >  > Message type: SETUP (5)
> >  > [04 03 80 90 a2]
> >  > Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 Q.931 Std: 0 Info transfer
> > capability: Speech (0)
> >  > Ext: 1 Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
> >  > Ext: 1 User information layer 1: u-Law (34)
> >  > [18 03 a9 83 81]
> >  > Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 IntID: Implicit, PRI Spare: 0,
Exclusive