[asterisk-users] 1.4 - SLA

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 2 16:58:27 MST 2007

Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
> Russell, I don't have any specifics at this time.  I need to dig a
> little further.  I'm thinking the autocontext is what is giving me
> fits.  I can receive calls and place calls, but the hint status is not
> working.  It currently registers as a hint showing not in use.  It
> does not show in use.

If you aren't seeing any lights change on the phones when calls are
going on, check "sip show subscriptions" at the CLI.  If the phones have
not properly subscribed to the right extensions, you won't see anything.

> I ended up using some of the config from the bottom of the sla.txt
> file.  The sample file may be missing the template section.  The
> sample config does not match the config in the sla.txt.  I couldn't
> get the sample config to work at all.  Again, hopefully over the
> weekend I'll be able to get more information.

You are correct.  The sample configuration is missing the template.  I
will add it now.  However, I just made the tarballs for 1.4.1, so this
config fix didn't make it in.

> Using the config in the sample file, the hint status was working.  I
> could see the line ringing, but I could not answer the lines or place
> calls.  Using the config from the sla.txt file, I could place calls
> and receive calls, but the hints never showed any activity, just
> always not in use.

As I noted earlier, check your "sip show subscriptions" to make sure the
phones are subscribed to the right thing.

Another helpful thing that you can use for debugging is to look at the
output of "sla show stations".  You can see the state of each line
appearance on each station.  This should correspond with what you see on
the phone  ... unless there is a problem, of course.

> If possible, could you provide the config that you've used for
> testing?  I'm testing using Polycom phones to try to keep things
> simple.  I'm assuming you are using a Polycom.

I have been testing with a variety of different phones.  I have not
tested all of the Polycom models, yet.  This is one of the things we're
going to have to work through.  I would like to document issues with
specific phones in sla.txt as we come across them.

The configuration I'm using for testing looks just like the stuff in
configs/sla.conf.sample.  Essentially, it is:

[line1]
type=trunk
device=Zap/3
autocontext=line1

[line2]
type=trunk
device=Zap/4
autocontext=line2

[station](!)
type=station
autocontext=sla_stations
trunk=line1
trunk=line2

[station1] (station)
device=SIP/station1

[station2](station)
device=SIP/station2

[station3](station)
device=SIP/station3

Thanks for providing some feedback on this.  You are the first one to
say anything about it.  :)  I am very eager to get everything working
well so that everyone is happy.  Just please be patient as I work
through the initial flood of reports since it is just now getting out in
the field.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer