[asterisk-users] Problem with TE212P

Ioan Indreias ioan.indreias at modulo.ro
Fri Mar 2 13:29:59 MST 2007

Hello Benito,

 From http://www.beronet.com/download/card_installation_guide.pdf  we
could find that:

/After loading the driver and the executing "ztcfg", status LEDs for
each port should be flashing red, unless the port is connected to a
device. If the LED does not light up, the driver did not load properly
and execution of "ztcfg" did not complete. When you connect a port to
your NT PRI, the LED should go green. Green means that the circuit is
connected physically and the link is active (Layer 1)
/
 From your description it looks that for second span ztcfg did not
complete. What is the output of ztcfg -vv?

Also:
1. It is strange that cat /proc/zaptel/3 do not show HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
NOTOPEN as we could see from cat /proc/zaptel/2. Did you missed that
info when you past in your first message?

2. Please double check if there is not am empty space after the
configuration of span #2. Better, rewrite from scratch zaptel.conf file
to be 100% sure there are no strange characters.

3. What I do not understand is that you mention:
"Before I do load the modules the leds are ligthing" - I think the leds
should be off before loading the module.

4. Do you have a cross E1 cable in order to inter-connect span #1 with
span #2? Try to see what is the result - in normal situations the leds
should turn from "flashing red" to "green".

Best regards,
## nini @ www.modulo.ro ##