[asterisk-users] Multiple simultaneous calls

Stefano Totaro s_totaro at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 07:57:52 MST 2007

Quite surprising, yes! :-)
I am from north east Italy, now I live in Verona (Romeo and Juliet's city :).
I cannot do it connecting amp to the PBX. I have quite a long distance to cover and a network is already there.
My "phones" are have a quite smart processor so we may probably run the ices2 that you are suggesting or something similar.
I will check the links that you sent me.

Thanks,
Stefano

> [...]

>network components to work properly (especially if you do not control

>the network or you are trying to implement paging between remote

>offices).  I have spent hours on this exact problem in the past.

>If it were me, I would probably not want all that traffic on the PBX

>unless that is all that it will be doing or if you go the sound card

>route.  I would use ices2 and let everyone stream from a different

>server than the PBX.

>Since you are using phones, I do not know that ices2 would work for you,

>something must initiate the call.  I would probably have a second

>Asterisk box to just handle the paging, setup an extension the dialplan

>of the main PBX to dial the paging machine via SIP (and possibly include

>Authenticate) that would drop the call into something like this:

>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+page

>Thanks,

>Steve Totaro

>>stefano.totaro at transport.alstom.com wrote:

>> Hello Steve,

>> thanks for your anwer.

>> Yes, you are right we want to do VoIP telephone system capable also of

>> "public address" (overhead paging) service.

>> So synchronization is a key issue if we want to avoid unpleasant effects.

>> We are designing our phones and they will have also onboard amplifiers.

>> What I am trying to understand is whether we may use the phone system

>> also for this service or if it is better

>> to go for a specific streaming technology (Ices2 is a good suggestion

>> thanks).

>> What happen if I put all the phones in a ring? Do they join the same

>> multicast stream or a single stream for

>> each phone will be created?

>> Thanks again.

>> Stefano

>> Inactive hide details for Steve Totaro <stevetotaro at hotmail.com>Steve

>> Totaro <stevetotaro at hotmail.com>

>>                         *Steve Totaro <stevetotaro at hotmail.com>*

>>                         Inviato da:

>>                         asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

>>                         Phone:

>>                         01/03/2007 18.33

>>                         Per favore, rispondere a Asterisk Users

>>                         Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

>> Per: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

>> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

>> Cc: (ccr: Stefano TOTARO/ITVRN01/Transport/ALSTOM)

>>Oggetto: Re: [asterisk-users] Multiple simultaneous calls

>>stefano.totaro at transport.alstom.com wrote:

>>> Hi Guys,

>>> I am a novice of Asterisk and I need some experts help to understand

>>> what I can get out of it.

>>> I need to make multiple calls (let say 50) at once to autoanswering

>>> softphones on a LAN and send all of them the same message that they

>>> will repeat with loudspeakers in the same environment.

>>> I am a little concerned about synchronization of the phones and

>>> moreover it is not much clear to me if I have to open 50 connections

>>> and send 50 times the same packets or if can use in some way the

>>> multicast.

>>> Is there anybody that may give me some idea.

>>> Thanks in advance,

>>> Stefano