[asterisk-users] 1.4 - SLA

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 2 11:57:03 MST 2007

Bruce Reeves wrote:
> There was talk last week that SLA in 1.4 was not working correctly and
> was being rewritten for a 1.4.1 release.

The re-write of SLA support in Asterisk 1.4 is pretty much complete.
Asterisk 1.4.1 will be released very soon with it included.  I don't
expect to make any more changes until people start testing it out and
submitting bug reports.

If you are interested in beginning to look at it now, just pull the code
from the 1.4 branch.

$ svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4 asterisk-1.4

Once you have it, take a look at these two files for information on how
to set it up:

doc/sla.txt
configs/sla.conf.sample

It supports any channel type on the trunk side, but only SIP on the
station side.  This is not a shortcoming of the SLA implementation
itself, but just that chan_sip is the only channel driver that supports
all of the required features.

However, we are already working on chan_skinny in the trunk to get it up
to where it can support SLA as well.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer