[asterisk-users] Re: Sending SMS

Tomislav Parcina tomislav.parcina at email.t-com.hr
Fri Mar 2 05:36:13 MST 2007

Supa wrote:
> Try this:
> http://www.bayhamsystems.com/asterisk.html
>
> Works for me just fine, and it is very easy to get up and running, even
> with older version 1.2.3

I don't see a point of using providers as Bayhamsystems. First, it's
unpractical to send SMS from phone. If I'm going to use web interface,
then is better to use some provider that has web interface just for that
(or maybe they will provide application to send messages to groups or in
certain time).

Only reason why I would like to do it true Asterisk is if I could use my
VoIP or E1 provider so that I get only one bill. But using Bayhamsystems
that isn't a case. So, why people use such providers?

--
Tomislav Parcina
firstname.lastname at email.t-com.hr