[asterisk-users] UK SIP Gateway

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Mar 1 09:23:41 MST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that I have Asterisk up and running I would like to find a good SIP
> gateway in the UK.  I have looked at sipgate.co.uk and they look pretty
> reasonable.  I am looking for peoples recommendations.

There are dozens in the UK. Sipgate is a german company and his
termination server (sipgate.co.uk) is actually in Germany, but he uses a
UK wholesaler for IP-PSTN connectivity. (I don't know if he then connects
back to them via the 'net or if they have a local connection in Germany)

I've used them for about a year now and so-far so good, but I've not used
it "in anger" as it were - just for some testing. I also have an account
with www.voiptalk.org - same though, just for the occasional test. If you
want to call me on my sipgate number, drop me a private email, or you
could try

   http://www.wirelessforums.org/uk-telecom-voip/speaking-clock-1025.html

Gradwell is probably the "benchmark" for these services right now, but
they're not cheap, and thats usually what people are looking for IME...

Gordon