[asterisk-users] FAX over T1

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Fri Jun 29 12:12:03 CDT 2007

right, mostly because if it's fixed, I don't like writing with no
purpose,

cause we are using a fonality box, and they don't support any kind of
faxing whatsoever,
(although their sales people will tell you otherwise)
nor will let you run any custom mod in the same box without breaching
the support agreement,
(although their sales people will tell you otherwise)

I decided to run an external fax-server,

the solution is very straight forward,

create virtual extension for each incoming did number that is
dedicated to fax
create sub-menus for each virtual fax number,
edit those to set the caller ID to match either their own or the DID,
(you'll use the callerID to route the fax)
and then transfer to the fax extension,
the fax extension goes to a modem-fax plugged to your hylafax-server
we use multitech modems because they work great,

then edit FaxDispatch on hylafax to route faxes to email according to
caller ID