[asterisk-users] DUNDi problem: offline peers still in request EID/EID_DIRECT field?

Andre Wangler awangler at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 29 09:18:10 CDT 2007

hi all!

I have the following situation:

1 -------- 2
¦                ¦
3----------4
¦                ¦
5----------6

where 1 ... 6 are nodes and every direct neighbor is specified as a dundi peer (in *). When I start a dundi request, every queried node is mentioned in the dpdiscover. For example 1 sends a discover to 2 and 3, so 2 sees in the EID or EID_DIRECT field that a discover has also been sent to 3. So much for that. Is this field also filled with the neighbour peers even if they are unreachable/offline?

1 ---x---- 2

My problem: When links break (e.g. 1-2 and 3-4) I have the problem that 6 doesn't forward the query (received from 5) to 4, because 4 is mentioned in the EID or EID_DIRECT field even though it is not possible that this peer could have been reached.

Is this a problem of the protocol or can I fix this by setting a special option in *? Thanks for helping.

Best regards

Andre