[asterisk-users] Shared Extension Appearance

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jun 28 22:32:58 CDT 2007

Mike Ryan wrote:
> My question is: Can SLA give me the same results?  And if so, does it make
> more sense to use SLA to achieve this?  Lastly, if I use SLA, will I also
> have the ability to barge and will I be able to park using the hold button?

The SLA code that is in Asterisk now will not completely support what I would
consider real shared extensions.  It is intended to map some trunk (either real
FXO trunk or IP trunk) to buttons on phones.  When any phone is making a call
using that trunk, that line appearance on all of the other phones shows that it
is in use.  It allows for barging into calls, as well as parking the call by
simply putting it on hold.  Once a trunk is on hold, it can be retrieved from
hold from any of the other phones (stations) that have this line appearance.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer