[asterisk-users] Round Robin SIP peers?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jun 27 11:20:33 CDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Mark Phillips wrote:

> Is there some way that I can set up a round robin where each outgoing
> call goes out over a different line? If not is there some way that I can
> create a pool of lines such that when 2 folks make a call they get
> separate lines?

   This might be possible to do with DUNDi, but I don't know a lot about
it.

   It seems to me that by far the most promising option is to build a
persistent in-memory or AstDB variable into your dial plan and rotate it
on each outbound call leg using some conditional logic that checks
for proceeding calls originated from that particular customer, and
increments/resets as needed.

   And, of course, the most elegant option at your disposal is probably
to employ AEL:

     http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AEL

   ... or AGI, which both will allow you to build all the outboard logic
you want into the dial plan execution process.

Cheers,

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov