[asterisk-users] Transfer Call to Cell Phone

Ryan Goldberg rgoldber-list-asterisk at bitburst.com
Tue Jun 26 22:06:20 CDT 2007

OCOSA ListAcc wrote:

> Can you give an example of creating an extension which points to a cell
> phone. Secondly how can you have if no one answers an extension it dials
> the cell number next. That maybe answered in the example. I have the
> system setup so it just dials out which ever line is not busy. Thanks!

I'm quite new to *, but I've got this in place in my first rendition, and
I'm pretty sure it does what you want:

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},15,t)
exten => 101,n,Dial(Zap/4/12185551212,30,tpm)
exten => 101,n,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@vm)
exten => 101,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 101,n,Hangup

caller dials extension 101.  It first tries his desk for 15 seconds, then
it tries his cell over a zap channel (the 'p' turns on call screening),
then it finally hits voicemail.  In our actual dialplan, the cell phone
call goes out over sip, so the line looks like this:

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/lesnet/12185551212,30,tpm)

Alternatively, the first line could be:

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}&Zap/4/12185551212,30,tpm)

which would dial both the desk and the cell at the same time...

See http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Hope that helps.

Ryan