[asterisk-users] access to asterisk server since internet

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Jun 26 19:40:23 CDT 2007

 From what you provided, I'm not sure that 'firewall is disabled' will
help you.  Your firewall probably needs to be configured to forward some
ports to the asterisk box's internal IP address.  I usually do the
following:

For SSH connections to the box to manage it:
forward a.b.d.c's external port 22 to 192.168.1.111's port 22

if using SIP, also:
forward a.b.d.c's external port 5060 to 192.168.1.111's port 5060
forward a.b.d.c's external ports 10000-20000 to 192.168.1.111's ports
10000-20000.

and, if using IAX, also the following:
forward a.b.d.c's external port 4569 to 192.168.1.111's port 4569

if you're running some manner of web management GUI, you might:
forward a.b.d.c's external port 80 to 192.168.1.111's port 80
BUT be wary that any GUI you choose is NOT NECESSARILY safe to point at
the public.  Someone could compromise it, who knows.  Honestly I would
use the SSH port, port 22, to create a tunnel to port 80 on the asterisk
box.

Moj