[asterisk-users] Fax Throughput

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Jun 26 14:54:42 CDT 2007

Matt, thanks for pointing me to zaptel.conf; I'm new to Asterisk and can use
all the help I get!

Here are the non-comment lines from zaptel.conf (not set up by me):

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
bchan=25-47
dchan=48
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

The first span is connected to the PSTN. The second is connected to a
Windows-based server using Dialogic hardware and custom software.

The second span has a clock priority equal to the first one. I'm guessing
that this has the effect of ignoring clock from the first span (same as '0')
and using clock from the second. Not good.

I've changed the clock priority for span 2 to '0'; if we lose the PSTN we'll
rely on the Digium card for clock.

Fax throughput seems fine with this change.

In zapata.conf I find:

; Network Side
signalling => pri_cpe
group => 1
context => pstn-inbound
channel => 1-23

; IVR Side
signalling=> pri_net
group => 2
context => ivr-inbound
channel => 25-47

The default would be switchtype=national, which is correct.

I see that for 'signalling', 'group' and 'context' "=>" has been used,
rather than the "=" that I see in documentation. Does this matter?

  --Don

Don Kelly
PCF Corp
Real Support for your Virtual Office