[asterisk-users] More FAX over T1

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:04:22 CDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Joe acquisto <joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

> One idea is to utilize DID, and have Asterisk "forward" the calls to the current FAX lines, preserving the DID as "Caller ID".  I am fairly sure Asterisk itself can do this. (The call would appear to be "from" this assigned ID).  If so, I could, apparently, massage Hylafax into dealing with each FAX based on the "Caller ID".

That's definitely an idea.  If you don't need the Caller ID on the fax
(and in most cases, you probably don't), this might be your best
solution.  Assuming, of course, the faxmodems on Hylafax are picking
up the caller ID and you have Caller ID from the phone company.

That would take up 2 of your PRI channels, though, per fax reception.