[asterisk-users] kore dump

Ed Nuñez enunez at netoneint.com
Tue Jun 26 13:22:05 CDT 2007

I am running Asterisk 1.4.5 and addons 1.4.1 in a CentOS 5 Server.

My PBX has experienced several core dumps the last couple of days and I am not sure if this is what's causing it, but it always seems to happen when a particular extension on a grandstream phone uses ChanSpy SIP group.

I have not been able to locate where the core dump file is being saved.   I can't find it in my TMP directory.

I would also like to know if Asterisk can be setup to automatically re start if there is a core dump.  I was thinking of setting up a cron job to launch Asterisk every minute.  If it's running, no harm done, and if it crashes, the cron job will make sure that it's started every 60 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Ed Nuñez