[asterisk-users] Inexpensive Layer 3 Switch?

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 10:50:41 CDT 2007

> If you really need layer3 support, I would steer clear of the Netgear.
I've had a lot of problems
> with them, and the support was disappointing.

What model did you use? I've been very happy with the FS728TP as I mentioned
earlier. I haven't had any problems so far. Granted I haven't had to call
Netgear so I don't have anything on which to judge their service. I will say
that unless your dealing with a very small system, you should probably steer
away from the FS726TP. It only supports PoE on the first 12 ports and
doesn't have anywhere near the features of the FS728TP.

John