[asterisk-users] More FAX over T1

Joe acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Tue Jun 26 10:11:16 CDT 2007

This is a follow up to an earlier post.

Looking for a means to "individualize" incoming FAX, so as to distribute them to the intended recipient.

While the PBX is based on Asterisk, it is not possible for me to "enter" the box to modify things, to any great degree.  I thank those who mentioned IAXMODEM, earlier, but that seems a no go.

Currently, there is a dedicated T1 into the Asterisk box.  There is a separate bank of 4 POTS lines going into a FAX server.

Looking for a way to assign numbers as "incoming FAX" lines and have them "received" with the incoming number intact.   Having these forwarded to one of the analog numbers is a thought, but I am concerned about various issues, data corruption, etc, going that route.

Thoughts vary to second T1, with channel bank, "breaking out" some DS0's into a channel bank, or finding a T1/fax board (do they exist?), to go directly into the FAX server (PC/linux based)

joe a.