[asterisk-users] chan_features.so / asterisk 1.4.5

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jun 26 08:00:28 CDT 2007

Jack wrote:
> Thanks for your answer and sorry for my late response.
>
> So what does this exactly mean to me? Can I keep chan_features.so from
> 1.4.4? What consequences does it have when chan_features.so is disabled
> und why has this been done? Is chan_features.so related to features.conf?

chan_features.so doesn't provide anything useful, it's not used anywhere
because it's not really finished. As for why it was changed to be
disabled by default oej probably thought that since we aren't using it
why do we have it enabled by default.

It's fine to live in a world without chan_features.so :)

--
Joshua Colp
Software Developer