[asterisk-users] Best wifi IP phone for asterisk

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Tue Jun 26 03:57:45 CDT 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Hendrik Visage wrote:

> On 6/25/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> >

> > We're looking at a large wifi phone deployment, and we're looking for wifi
> > phones that:
>
> HAve a look at the Linksys WIP 300 (or something)
> Can be charged from the USB port

I have a WIP330 and it doesn't work.  Maybe it needs a firmware upgrade.
Maybe it's a defective unit and all the others work fine.  I haven't
called support yet because I haven't had the chance.

Audio in one direction cuts out completely for about 4 seconds every 10
seconds during the call.  For 10 seconds it works fine... audio in both
directions... then 4 seconds of silence in one direction... then 10
seconds of normal, etc etc, repeating forever.

Completely unusable as-is.

All my other Linksys IP Phones work great, though.  I only have one
WIP330.  I don't have any WIP300's.

My recommendation:  Whatever you go with, buy ONE first for testing to
make sure you're happy with it BEFORE you buy a boatload of them.

-- Nick