[asterisk-users] Transfer Call to Cell Phone

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 01:40:57 CDT 2007

>by the way selling does not depend on the amount of lines you have and
>we are very productive trust me!!!!

True, very true. There are lots of very productive sales people that don't
need a phone at all. From the paper boy to car dealers, lots of sales don't
require many phone lines. Of course at the same time, a typical call center
wouldn't be very productive with only two lines.

>I have seen a million dollar corp work off four lines so your statement
>is quite vague.......

We have a few agents that have million dollar months and even a couple that
have had million dollar weeks! But that isn't the point, is it Otis? The
problem is you got your feelings hurt because instead of reading my reply,
you assumed that I was putting your company down. My first paragraph was
kind of a open thought process so that you and others might comprehend the
basis of my reply. What I was trying to wrap my head around, was just how
productive a system with only two lines could be if a single call came in
and was then routed back out the other line to the outside sales guy. Now if
you were using a digital line, perhaps we could consider using the signaling
to redirect the call from the originating source directly to the salesman's
phone and thus free up the lines for the next call. But no, you said pots
lines as in "Plain Old Telephone Service" (POTS) which means we don't have
the option of using some fancy, out of band signaling to redirect the call.
So my thinking was, as I said before, "Surely you have more than two lines."
In my twenty-two years of telephony experience, dealing with everything from
single line phones to key systems to PBX systems to Nortel DMS-500 switches,
I only remember one sales "office" that only had two lines and that office
was literally an 8 foot by 8 foot closet with two phones and all calls were
outgoing.

Yes, my answer was a little vague. So was the information you provided. Now
had you bothered to read the 2nd and 3rd paragraph, you might have noticed
that I provided a few methods that you could consider. My intention for
doing this was simple. Maybe one of the ways mentioned would spark a
response from you that would help to clarify the "right" way. Now suppose
for a moment that you had actually read the reply. Let's also pretend that
in reading it you realized that, yes, you have two pots lines, but what you
had meant to say was that you had two "unused" pots lines along with some
other form of incoming trunks. Then maybe you would have responded with an
email to clarify that, to which I could have suggested that maybe you could
look into a two port cell phone gateway to keep the incoming lines free and
still keep connected to your sales guy. Can you see how we could have used
that information to consider the "right" option?

Considering that this list is for non commercial discussion, our only form
of payment here is in the repayment of our debt to others that have gone
before us and helped us out. Next time please appreciate the fact that
someone else took time out of their busy day to consider and to reply your
request for information. Now if you would like to provide a little more
detail with your request, I'm fairly sure that someone here will likely
respond to it.

John