[asterisk-users] problem with one way audio

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 06:15:27 CDT 2007

One way audio on local network is ALWAY because of RTP ports forwarding
problem. Your customer's router's firewall is blocking voice data to pass
through from the server to the phones. Voice from phones to the server is
not blocked that is why the other party can hear her fine. You can also
verify it by typing 'rtp debug' on the asterisk CLI when a call is progress.
You'll see that RTP is sending packets but not receiving them.

All you need is to open RTP ports 10000-20000 on the router for Polycom
phones IP addresses range. The TDM card, zapata or zaptel has nothing to do
in this scenario.

If you need help with port forwarding, let me know.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

On 6/24/07, Jason Backshall <jbackshall at centrixnetworks.com.au> wrote:

> > Do you have CallProgress=yes in your zapata.conf?  This one just bit me
> > in the arse this morning.  I set it to no and one-way audio went away.
>
> Have heard of issues similar to this - and whilst disabling callprogress
> may
> make that symptom disappear, it probably shouldn't be seen as a
> 'solution',
> as callprogress has it's place (disconnection detection, etc).
>
> Don, have any changed been made to your zapata.conf immediately before
> this
> issue started occuring?
>
> Jason.

Zeeshan A Zakaria