[asterisk-users] IVR question for asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jun 23 09:41:53 CDT 2007

Hi

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 03:05:47AM -0700, satish patel wrote:
> Dear ALL
>
>            I want to use IVR on my asterisk auto attendent call
> feature so basically how do i configure IVR and how do i tell to
> my asterisk which call is local or which call comming from outside world

"Congradulations, you have successfully installed and executed the
Asterisk open source PBX. You have also installed a set of sample sounds
and configurations that should help you to get started.

Like a normal PBX, you will navigate this demonstration by dialing
digits. ..."

Sounds familiar?

The "demo" context in extensions.conf is just that: an IVR.
As you can see, in the sample extensions.conf, the context '[default]'
has:

  include => demo

And by this any call that gets to the context default gets to that demo
IVR. Note that using the context 'default' is normally not recommended,
and you should use a diferent context name.

Make sure that channels that should be directed to that IVR context have
something like:

context = name_of_ivr_context

in the channel driver configuration file (zapata.conf, sip.conf,
iax.conf , etc.)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org