[asterisk-users] gtalk - no audio

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:57:24 CDT 2007

Hi Demuel,

On 6/22/07, demuel at thephinix.org <demuel at thephinix.org> wrote:
> Yeah, just the same as the sample configuration by mog. However, if I am using a gtalk
> application in asterisk to dial googletalk buddy, my voip phone is suddenly connected to
> the googletalk buddy though at the googletalk client software it is still waiting to be
> accepted or not accepted. I mean from my voip phone perspective, there is just one ring
> to make a call to the googletalk buddy unlike in the jingle application wherein there
> are successive ring before the googletalk buddy accepts the call.

That's strange. I was not able to reproduce this problem, that is,
when dialing an extension that points to a GoogleTalk client from a
SIP phone, I *always* have to wait for the GoogleTalk client to accept
the call.

That's just like if you had Asterisk automatically answer GoogleTalk
calls. Do you have any file streamed to the SIP phone by Asterisk?

Philippe