[asterisk-users] Asterisk GUI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jun 22 08:06:13 CDT 2007

Let's look at your message:

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 08:06:39AM -0400, Dave Bour wrote:

The problem with top-posting is that answer comes before the question.
And hence you don't really know what the question was.

> So I'll ask the question. What's wrong with top posting.

(The above answer should have been here, if I used proper quoting. I
avoided it for the sole instructive porpose of demostrating the problem
with top-posting)

> I use a
> blackberry to read most of my email, and bottom posting means excessive
> scrolling, often waiting to download additional content resulting in
> higher usage fees and rsi on my thumb for scrolling
> 90% of messages including all general email conversations are too posted
> yet discussion groups want bottom posting.  Why?

This is a different argument here.
The problem is that all to often people quote irrelevant text.
Now, if someone had just read my original top reply he could have
concluded that you have no idea why top-posting is about and need to be
tought the basics. This is because I have replied to your message
outside of context.

What else have you quoted:

[ Snip 11 lines of signature ]

Four lines of headers (the bad headers quoting style) that actually
leave out the name of the poster.

> On Jun 20, 2007, at 5:04 PM, Troy Ayers wrote:
>
> > I would have been convinced if you had not top-posted!  heh

The actual text you replied to.

24 lines of unrelated text from the original message Tom left in for
instructive purposes and you have not bothered trimming:

> > Rob Schall wrote:
> >> Tom,
> >>
> >> I disagree with your argument for a number of reasons. Each of these
> >> reasons should be more than enough to convince you I'm correct and
> >> you
> >> should do it my way and only my way.
> >>
> >> And for the record, VI and CLI.
> >>
> >> Rob
>
> OK, Now I'm confused... I was prepared to accept Rob's argument due
> its beautiful, flawless logic. But Troy has a valid point: Rob did
> top-post, invalidating his point. But so did Troy, invalidating his
> point, so now I'm stuck. Whatever shall I do?
>
> I think I'll just stick with my own opinion, seeing as both Rob and
> Troy are obviously idiots. (duh!)
>
> ;-)
>
> Tom

7 lines of of mailing list footer. Tom has trimmed the unnecessary ones
there (and I have removed the extra one added by the mailing list
manager to your message when it got to the list.