[asterisk-users] Phantom Calls

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 20 09:25:58 CDT 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote on 6/19/07 9:56 AM:
> Vadim Berezniker wrote:
>> Enable verbose logging for the asterisk log
>> Set verbose level to 4
>>
>> Review the log file for anything that looks like a phantom call.
>> There should be enough information to get some idea of why this is
>> happening.

> Thanks, I have done this yesterday by setting up putty to log to a file,
> but the customer employees have inadvertently shut it down on a couple
> of a occasions :)  Hopefully it will be running when this happens again
> so I can try to track down the problem.

You should be able to tell it to log to a file in addition to the
console in logger.conf.  Something like:

full => notice,warning,error,verbose

Then it should show up in /var/log/asterisk/full and you wouldn't need
to keep a session open to the console to see it, just go back and look
at the file later.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/