[asterisk-users] Que on A2Billing

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 19 12:20:23 CDT 2007

If you do not dial 9 then there will be a conflict between internal
extensions and external phone numbers.

How would Asterisk determine if you are dialing extension 458 or
458-1234?  It cannot.  Asterisk would have to wait for a timeout when
dialing the extensions.  If you force users to always dial 11 digits
(1-504-555-1212) for all calls, then you just have to make sure there
are no extensions starting with "1" and you won't have problems.

This is, of course, for NANPA.  If your country uses a different
numbering plan then the details will be different, but the idea is the same.