[asterisk-users] VPN on Asterisk

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Jun 18 13:37:18 CDT 2007

> Hi,
>
> Greetings to All,
>
> Im looking for some help on configuring VPN on the Asterisk PBX that I
> have hosted in US. Im currently in Middle East and as everyone knows
> some countries here has taboo to VOIP. Im not able to get phy phones
> registered to my PBX as they are blocking SIP and IAX2. Hence im
> looking for a VPN solution.

Slightly offtopic, but I would choose a VPN solution that can do webvpn
(connect to port 80), i just came back from holiday and several hotels had
VOIP *and* VPN ports for PPTP blocked in their internet, to prevent people
from calling over their internet connection, clogging up their (pretty
poor) connection. With webvpn you can connect to port 80 and circumvent
such trouble.

I tried finding an easy HOWTO for OpenVPN, on a CentOS box, this is not
easy at all.