[asterisk-users] Blind xfer issue -- URGENT!

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Mon Jun 18 09:53:20 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Jay Moore <jaymoore at accu-com.com> wrote:
> Greetings, folks.
>
> I'm having a problem with blind transfers.  It seems that, despite not
> having the T flag set, callers are able to use the blind transfer option.
>
> Scenario is this:
>
> - Asterisk 1.2.14
> - Caller calls into our call center on one of our many phone numbers.
> - Call gets placed into queue.
> - Operator answers call.
> - Caller is able to hit our blind xfer key sequence (#0) and dial any
> number.
> - Call is placed from our Asterisk box and connected to my operator
> (*not* the caller).
>
> I do NOT want this to happen.  I *only* want our operators to be able to
> transfer calls.  I thought I had this set up properly (lowercase 't'
> flag), but I apparently was incorrect.  I cannot get the transfer to
> stick with the caller (i.e.  - the caller making free calls on my dime),
> but I'm not ruling out that that too is possible.
>
> I need some quick help here.  Apparently someone has been making a lot
> of long distance calls from our end and I need to immediately figure out
> if it's an employee doing something they shouldn't be or a dialplan
> issue with Asterisk.
>
> Any help any of you can provide would be great.  If you need more info,
> please ask.

Don't know is this a bug in * or dialplan, but a quick solution (if
you don't want to transfer to long-distance numbers) - use
__TRANSFER_CONTEXT and destination checking in that. That way nobody
is able to transfer to external numbers.

Or at least do some masking - i.e. transfer to #555123456*6124# where
555123456 is number, and 6124 - password required for transfer to
external number.

Regards,
Atis