[asterisk-users] atxfer attended transfer feature

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 07:05:20 CDT 2007

I would like to know if atxfer is supported somehow
because there seems to be little documentation for
this feature. I know most people expect a good SIP/IAX
phone to do the job but I think it's nice to be able
to do attended trasnfers with a simple ATA-connected
analog phone. I have Asterisk 1.2/Freepbx and
features.conf has a line regarding atxfer and I set it
to *2 (Default). While # works fine (blind transfers),
*2 doesn't.

Can someone please tell me if I should just forget
using the atxfer feature or suggest me a link to some
info other than what's on voip-info. Also, has atxfer
improved in Asterisk 1.4 ?

Thanks