[asterisk-users] Asterisk GUI

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Jun 16 16:10:56 CDT 2007

Brett,

The demand for asterisk GUI's could be that the world primarily consists
of "four year olds" (as you put it - I call them customers) and not
geeks with pocket protectors and Vi skills to tame all tasks.

When you realize that IP Telephony/Asterisk was restricted to such a
small band of users when it was pure coding with Vi and .conf files and
now with GUI's like Trixbox you have a much wider base of users
experimenting and implementing.

Of course that's not to say that Trixbox is the be-all and
end-all......personally I think that there is a hell of a lot missing
(/wrong) with the Trixbox/Fonality product and a lot that could
be/should be done differently/better.

....but that's for another email.

Regards,

Dean Collins