[asterisk-users] SOLVED -- Accessing Voicemail(Asterisk) -- Remotely either from Cell or Landline

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 02:04:28 CDT 2007

Ya, its not to fancy way but just the easy way which was hidden from my thoughts/

  To access Vm remotely, dial in the number the punch in ur ext at the IVR greet, the it rings ur ext, then when u get ur VM greet "sorry xyz not available etc.." punch in *followed by VM password, thats it

  --
  Deepak

Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi, I was wondering if we can check the voicemails remotely from a cell or a landline number.

We have SIP 3 Digit Extensions connected to Asterisk server.

If users are away from Desk & need to access voicemails can they dial in to Asterisk PBX & check their messages.

I know one can check through web link & even have mailed.  Aslo I have checked regarding DISA, but I am not kind of OK in using DISA now for just voicemails.

Is their any other ways.  I am using Free PBX so can I do any thing from FreePBX to manager it, if not backend configs are fine.

--
Deepak

Linux your Life, Don't Window it [[]]

               { All for the best }