[asterisk-users] problem starting asterisk, unable to load chan_zap

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Thu Jun 14 01:24:27 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Easy to check if the problem is udev:
>
> ls -l /sys/class/zaptel

there are lots of subdirectories in there, at least after a rmmod &&
modprobe. I can reboot later to see how it looks like before that.

> If there are files there and not under /dev/zap, udev is to blame.
in /dev/zap there are a lot of devices, but as above, at least after a rmmod
&& modprobe. I can reboot later to see how it looks like before that.

> What kernel version is it? What distribution?
openSUSE 10.2, kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default

> Anyway, does Asterisk still fail?
not when I do a rmmod && modprobe the wcte11xp or wcte12xp respectively,
without that, it fails.

> As which user do you run Asterisk?
/usr/sbin/asterisk -U asterisk -G asterisk -vvvg -c

> ls -la /dev/zap
shows a lot of devices:
crw-rw----  1 asterisk asterisk 196,   8 2007-06-14 07:25 8
crw-rw----  1 asterisk asterisk 196,   9 2007-06-14 07:25 9