[asterisk-users] Softphone behind NAT issues

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Tue Jun 12 11:53:30 CDT 2007

We are trying to use a softphone from a location that is behind a
firewall. We are using x-lite as the softphone.

So far, we've been able to get the phone to register with the asterisk
server, and it can receive voice from the asterisk server (IE,
voicemail, etc).

However, asterisk can't hear anything from the softphone. We have used 2
different machines to test this on. We are watching the traffic and
noticed that there doesn't appear to be any rtp traffic going back to
asterisk (this is where we think the problem might be). The firewalls on
both sides have ports 5060, 10000-20000 and 3478 (STUN) open.

Out conf files are:
------------------
[sip.conf]

*[general]
context=incoming                ; Default context for incoming calls
bindport=5060                   ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port
is 5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0                ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds
to all)
srvlookup=yes                   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
allow = all

[1000]
nat=yes
type=friend
secret=Polycom
context=internal
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
mailbox=1000 at default
callerid=TESTUSER1 <1000>
*
[extensions.conf]
exten => 1000,1,Macro(stdexten,1000 at default,SIP/1000)

[rtp.conf]

[general]
rtpstart=12000
rtpend=12005