[asterisk-users] Transfer caller direct to voicemail

Wes Baehr wbaehr at abilitybusiness.com
Tue Jun 12 10:43:41 CDT 2007

Drew,

I've written a tiny patch that duplicates the functionality of a blind
transfer but sets a variable (VMXFER) before transferring. The dialplan
simply looks for the VMXFER variable, and if found, will direct the call
directly to voicemail.

This way, instead of making the operators learn they have to push ADDITIONAL
digits to complete the transfer, they just use a different # sequence. (I
have mine set up as #8<ext> -- 8 for V)

Email me directly and I can make up a patch for you (for 1.4 anyway).

Wes Baehr