[asterisk-users] OT: CallManager ANI restamp.

Mattt mattt at romatel.net
Sat Jun 9 18:52:32 CDT 2007

Alex,

  While we're at it, I have this Mitsubishi Magna with a
computer-controlled transmission. After a voltage sag, the TCU seems to
have "gone to lunch". Forcing it into limp mode by pulling the TCU fuse
seems to right things (although it's then duly stuck in third gear).

  I know this has nothing to do with Asterisk, but each time the car
fails, I need to use my mobile (cell) phone to call the RACQ (our
roadside breakdown organisation here in Qld, Australia). These calls
cost quite a bit, per call.

  How can I fix the TCU? Surely there must be a way without having to
use my mobile phone to get the car towed every time...

  Try http://cisco.com - pretty certain they support their own
proprietary, very expensive kit ;-)

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 19:28 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I know this isn't an Asterisk question, but I'm really desperate and
> wondering if someone could help me.  I apologise for the off-topic post.
>
> Cisco phones connected to CallManager can forward calls.  But when they
> do, CallManager conserves the originating caller's ANI in the new leg that
> is built.
>
> I cannot find a way to get it to rewrite the ANI to be that of the phone.
> This is probably because the call doesn't even run "through" the phone;
> it just sends a directive to CallManager to do something else with calls
> bound for that peer.
>
> How can I do that?  Surely there must be a way in CallManager...
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : +1-678-954-0670
> Direct : +1-678-954-0671

Cheers,
Mattt.

  - ROMATel - VoIP made easy - http://romatel.net
  - SpotSafe - WiFi Hotspot solution - http://spotsafe.net

    There are only 10 kinds of people.
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't...