[asterisk-users] Linksys 941/942 reboot and persistent MWI

Bruce Komito brucek at bagel.com
Sat Jun 9 10:11:00 CDT 2007

We've got a bunch of Linksys 941/942s and have them all configured to
upgrade the config periodically.  Problem is, when the phone loads a new
config it goes through what appears to be a soft reboot, although it only
takes about 5 seconds.  During this time, the display goes blank and the
(normally) green line buttons flash off briefly.  This is a minor nuisance
and elicites questions and complaints from users.  But, worse, is that
when the phone goes through this recycle, the red MWI light comes on.
About 95% of the time, it eventually goes off by itself, but occassionally
it takes a power cycle to do it.  We are running the latest Linksys
firwmare.

My question is this.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so,
what have you done about it?  I can't believe we're alone, as there must
be a bezillion of these phones connected to Asterisk systems.

TIA

Bruce Komito
High Sierra Networks, Inc.
www.servers-r-us.com