[asterisk-users] call Hold event asterisk

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Fri Jun 8 12:12:46 CDT 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> sathish s wrote:
>> i need to catch the call hold event from my asterisk-java program.
>> Im using net.sf.asterisk.*;  for communicating with asterisk server.
>> I need to get the call hold status on my java program .  I can able
>> to get the music on hold status but i cannot able to get the call
>> hold status.
>>
>> The events like
>> 1. HoldEvent ,
>> 2.HoldedcallEvent
>> 3. UnHold event
>>
>> are not getting fired when the call hold is happening . When the call
>> is put in hold , i need to update the satus as "CAll is in Hold". For
>> this i need to catch the call hold event .  How can i make this
>> ...reply me ....
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> sathish.
>>

> Does Asterisk AMI support even support these events?  I'm using 1.2
> and have not seen them.  Does 1.4 fire these events?

 From app_dial.c:

case AST_CONTROL_HOLD:
                                                        if
(option_verbose > 2)

ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "Call on %s placed on hold\n", o->chan->name);
                                                        ast_indicate(in,
AST_CONTROL_HOLD);
                                                        break;
                                                case AST_CONTROL_UNHOLD:
                                                        if
(option_verbose > 2)

ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "Call on %s left from hold\n", o->chan->name);
                                                        ast_indicate(in,
AST_CONTROL_UNHOLD);
                                                        break;

As you can see no event calls to the manager are being made.