[asterisk-users] Asterisk & MS RTC Library & Ethernet Capacity

Asterisk asterisk at abraxas.si
Fri Jun 8 03:03:15 CDT 2007

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether there's anyone who could share his/her
experiences with using Microsoft RTC Library. In particular I am
wondering what Ethernet capacity should I have in scenario of 30 people
using Microsoft RTC Library for SIP communication (PBX is obviously
Asterisk :-) ) concurrently (alaw codec being used)? What problems can
be expected in such scenario?

Would a good 1 gBit switch be enough to handle that (Asterisk box would
be connected to that switch with 1 gBit connection, and computers with
Microsoft RTC Library would be connected with a 100 mBit connection)?

Thanx!
Alex