[asterisk-users] Provisioning Linksys PAP2T ATA's

Mattt mattt at romatel.net
Thu Jun 7 19:41:46 CDT 2007

Doug,

  We just "pre-provision" the Linksys CPE (including PAP2(T)-NA's) in
the lab over TFTP after barcode-scanning the relevant information for
that unit into a web management interface and, once the unit is deployed
onsite, it continues to pull it's config from our prov server over HTTP.

  The provisioning service itself is just a PHP engine which pulls the
relevant settings for that CPE from a database - this way, we can have
individual parameters for certain customers (who might be, for instance,
having issues with echo or latency, etc, etc, or some need for a
different config to our "norm").

  Works a treat, is easy as (once the coding is done), and takes about
10 seconds to pre-prov (also provides the opportunity to ensure the unit
isn't a DOA). Customer simply receives the device and plugs it in, waits
a few seconds (the pre-prov doesn't configure the unit, just prepares it
for remote provisioning from the target site), then starts making calls.

  Oh - and, unless you can locate some "new, old stock", you won't find
the PAP2-NA (with the blue LEDs) anywhere. They were discontinued many
months ago...

  Good luck with it :-)

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 14:30 -0700, Steve Edwards wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Jared Smith wrote:
>
> > On 6/7/07, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> >> I tried it with my xml file and it complains about the file being corrupt.
> >
> > I had this problem too with some of the Linksys phones, and it did
> > turn out to be a problem with the XML file... it's seems they're
> > fairly picky about things like single quotes instead of double quotes
> > in the XML file.
> >
> > I'd double- and triple-check the XML file before giving up.
>
> The same file works via tftp. I betting its because the file hasn't been
> compiled.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Mattt.

  - ROMATel - VoIP made easy - http://romatel.net
  - SpotSafe - WiFi Hotspot solution - http://spotsafe.net

    There are only 10 kinds of people.
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't...