[asterisk-users] 3 questions - variables, upgrading, and IRC

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Thu Jun 7 16:37:04 CDT 2007

1)  How can I get a list of currently set channel variables for a specific
channel in Asterisk, including custom variables set by the dialplan?  I
don't want a static list of variables from a web site, I need the current
dynamic list that shows custom variables that are specific only to this
channel.

2)  Where can I find a comprehensive list of problems and
incompatibilities when upgrading from Asterisk 1.0 to 1.2 or 1.4?  I have
a production machine that has been running on a CVS HEAD version from
around the 1.0 days (definitely long before 1.2) and I understand a lot of
things changed, like variables, functions, and syntax that were either
deprecated or removed.  I need to prepare myself for the upgrade in
advance to limit the amount of downtime to an absolute minimum, but this
means I need to know what is going to break when I try to use my old
configs (extensions.conf, sip.conf, etc.) with a 1.4 system?  I really
don't want to put out the fires one by one, testing things until it
finally works... I want to fix everything in advance before the upgrade.

3) When I tried to go to the IRC network to ask these questions online, I
found myself unable to get into #asterisk because I can't remember the
password I used to register my nickname.  Is there a way to reset my IRC
nickname/nickserv password?  Or is there a person in charge of it that I
can email to get this taken care of?  Obviously, I would ask on IRC if I
could, but I can't even get into the channel.

Thanks,

-- Nick