[asterisk-users] blades?

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:23:56 CDT 2007

yes we have several of these...

you need to use a PCI expensiont slot.. its an addon that piggy backs to a
blade and takes 1 u ..so total blade will take 2 u's...

but you can hook 2 PCIS on it.. sangoma or whatever...

This way we can Redundantly failover 2 PRIS on each other with each blade
have 2 cards A102D's that or cross linked to each seperate PRI Circuit..
So Blade A has 2 A102d's and so to B
Each 102's has 2 ports..
1a BTN1
1b TF1
2a BTN2
2b TF2

1a BTN1
1b TF1
2a BTN2
2b TF2
-----------
! A  1a !
!     1b !
!     2a !
!     2b !
-----------
-----------
! B  1a !
!     1b !
!     2a !
!     2b !
------------

then you put a T1 switch module.. then its all automatic ..

PRI DROP X ( Locals) failvoer on carrier side to Y

PRI DROP Y (toll frees) failover on carrier dide to X

On 6/6/07, Jon Pounder <JonP at inline.net> wrote:

> Quoting Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net>:
>
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/06/sun_thinner_blades/
> >

> > this article got me thinking - is anyone running asterisk on blade
> > servers?
> >

> We have a bunch of ibm blades, but the issue at least with the H
> series cabinets we have is that there is no where to put any pci cards
> of any sort so you would be limited to purely a voip setup.
>
> There is a T series cabinet that allows pci cards for just such
> purposes as asterisk (T is telephony), but the information out there
> about just what pieces you need is pretty vague. Anyone have a no bs
> description of how the bits actually work together in that setup ?
>

> > Any lessons for us to learn?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Dean Collins
> > Cognation Pty Ltd
> > dean at cognation.net
> > <mailto:dean at cognation.net> +1-212-203-4357 Ph
> > +61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).
> >

> Jon Pounder
>
>     _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/
>      _/    _/_/  _/  _/         _/    _/_/  _/  _/_/
>     _/    _/  _/_/  _/         _/    _/  _/_/  _/
> _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/
>

> Inline Internet Systems Inc.
> Thorold, Ontario, Canada
>
> Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
> www.inline.net
> www.ihtml.com
> www.ihtmlmerchant.com
> www.opayc.com