[asterisk-users] Set caller ID based on SIP source.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jun 5 17:26:12 CDT 2007

Hi all,

This may be a really stupid question, but, what preset global dialplan
variables can I use to determine the calling leg when using Dial()?

Say I have phones (SIP peers) originating calls out of the same context,
and I need to set the ANI differently depending on who is calling out in
order to make it consistent with their inbound DIDs?

Asterisk appears to provide a wealth of variables with information about
the called extension, but what about the call*ing* one?

For now I've worked around this by landing every SIP peer in a distinct
dialplan context with certain shared attributes (internal routing) among
them and setting the caller ID that way.  But surely there has got to be
a more reasonable way to do this with conditionals?

Thanks,

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems