[asterisk-users] Hardware spec comparison

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Tue Jun 5 12:51:40 CDT 2007

All,

I've a question on A*k hardware.

I'm running 1.2.18 on a Dell DC051 (Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz)
with 512mb RAM.
I'm supporting 60 users (Cisco 7940s each + Xlite PCs).
Call loads are low, max of about 10 simultaneous SIP/IAX calls.
CPU for A*k rarely goes above 2% as I can tell.
Its IP only, no E1/T1 cards present.

However, I get complaints of bad voice quality, especially on IAX2
calls, silences etc.

I'm wondering whether or not the machine needs a faster CPU, something
like a Duo, as I can't find any faults anywhere else that might cause
these blips.

But the 2% CPU usage seems to suggest it shouldn't.

Adrian