[asterisk-users] addqueuemember recording and reporting

Andrey Solovjov solovjov at mcn.ru
Tue Jun 5 09:49:05 CDT 2007

I am using Local channel instead of callback agents and it works not as
good as I expected. If you add /n option then after the transfer queue
assumes that agent is still busy because asterisk doesn't hangup such
channels after tranfer. If you don't use /n then queue doesn't have info
about the state of the agent because asterisk hangs up such channel
immediately after answer and we get some problems with recordings and
overall statistics.
I don't know what you're missing this depends on what you want from
queue. There is nice option of AddQueueMember in asterisk 1.4.x called
membername so we can add to queue ordinary channel (for example
SIP/1234) and give it any name (for example, Agent/100 ). All messages
in queue_log will be associated with that name. We can also record using
QUEUE_MONITOR_FILENAME and recieve messages about which members of queue
are being called. "show agents" won't work in that case of course.
Hope this helps.
Sorry, bad English.